Friday, March 20, 2009

A day with the grandparents

My parents came in town this weekend. They're staying with my sister but we were able to spend most of today with them. My dad did some handyman work around our house then we headed off to the park to enjoy the first day of spring (and the 75 degree weather).
Mom ended up helping all 3 girls across the monkey bars. She'll be sore tomorrow.


Megan finally coaxed Gabriella into going down the slide without help.

Caleb, Trevor and my dad playing catch with the football.


After the park we cooled off with some strawberry lemonade pie I made. It not only looked like the picture in the magazine but it tasted great too.


My mom gave in and fixed (yet one more time) Michelle's beloved stuffed animal, Kitty.

2 comments:

CarrieAnn said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun day! That pie looked delicious. I would love the recipe.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful to have your parents for a visit. I really enjoyed having your mother as a young womans leader.