Friday, August 14, 2009

County Fair

Several months ago I got the notion that our family should participate in the County Fair. So on Monday the kids and I took our submissions to be checked in at the fair.

I could hardly wait for Thursday night so I could see how we did. I truly wasn't expecting us to win anything so I was pleasantly surprised with all the ribbons we won.
Caleb and Michelle each entered a Lego creation but unfortunately they were in the same age category so Michelle's "Shadow Ship" took second and Caleb's "Mars Miner" took first place.


Megan's drawing of a boat took second place.



Michelle's drawing of her and her dad took first place.


Trevor's star shaped chocolate chip cookies took first place.



I entered 2 photographs that took 3rd place but the biggest surprise of all was my loaf of braided bread. It not only won first place but was one of only 25 overall items that won Best of Show! And to think that a year and a half ago I had never made a loaf of bread in my life.

Along with the ribbons came prize money too which greatly surprised the kids and made them really excited to submit something next year too. First place earned us $3, second place $2, third place $1 and Best of Show was $25.

We had a great experience and hope to make this County Fair thing a summer family tradition.

2 comments:

**MIGNONNE** said...

I think that is such a cool thing to do together as a family. Is this for the Utah County Fair? That isn't until September is it? I have always wanted to enter something but apparently I am not on the ball.

therains26 said...

congrats. so did you bronze that loaf of bread?