Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy St Nicholas Day

I'm half Dutch. My mom was born in Holland, then immigrated with her parents and two brothers when she was 18 months old.  When I was young we lived in Salt Lake.  Back then there was a huge Dutch population (they'd all fled war torn Europe) in SLC so we'd have huge celebrations for St Nicholas Day.  Trevor and I have always tried really hard to keep the celebration alive, besides it's one more good reason for candy.

This year St Nicholas brought each of us slipper socks which was a big hit with the kids.  The kids got Reese's candy while Trevor and I got See's Candy (St Nick sure knows the good stuff!) . Caleb asked me to ask St Nick if he could bring some See's to Caleb next year :)

1 comment:

**MIGNONNE** said...

That is so cute that Caleb wants See's!